I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America

And to the Republic for which it stands One nation, under God, Indivisible With Liberty and Justice for all.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Proud Marine "Mom" moment #3

My little Marine man is down in NC doing some training... he called tonight to let us know how it's going. Says he's doing well, loving it and wanted us to know that he appreciates everything we've done and knows if we hadn't taken him in, he'd still be out on the streets. (He was a stray, just staying anywhere, doing the party scene, kinda blowin' off life.) How many 18 year olds do you ever hear say something like that??? He'll be back to visit for a short while in a couple months before heading to the Sandbox... I can't wait to sign him up for some Angel lovin'! I know he'll need it coz he's Infantry. Just wanted to share...

Joel honey, when you read this, just know how very proud I am of you, kiddo. And you're welcome in my home anytime.

3 comments:

Uriah said...

I just found this site through a link and I'm pleased to find this post at the top! Your pride brings a vicarious tear to my eye and I want to thank you and your "sniper" for your service to our country.
God bless you all and please keep the updates coming.
T

Uriah said...

Where I got the sniper part, I have no idea. Every Marine is a rifleman anyway so I'm allowed a little leeway, right?
T

Miss B said...

Absolutely! :) I'm glad you took the time to check out the link... As long as we have Heroes, I'm here for them!