I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America

And to the Republic for which it stands One nation, under God, Indivisible With Liberty and Justice for all.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And Two are Coming Home...

What a day. Talking with my favorite A-stan Medic while fighting a raging migraine (I am POSITIVE he's the only reason I stopped heaving my insides up) I received word from my Adoption Coordinator through Soldier's Angels that my first "Official" (my Adopted Hero) was scheduled home, and not to send anymore letters or packages. Our mission is complete.

Mission complete??? My Marine is coming home? But who will I write? Who will I send silly little care packages to for holidays and for no reason? Weeellll, you COULD say I could send that stuff to my favorite A-stan Medic (who's an "unofficial" adoptee and has already been getting letters and little packages).

But NNNNOOOOO... he's coming home too at the end of the month. Wahhhh! Wait... I mean YYYAAAAYYY!!!

*sniff* I know it hasn't been easy for any of them. They've seen a lot of stuff I can only read about. Talking and emailing and getting "stuff" ready to send has brought an immense joy to my life and I'm not ready for the mission to be "complete."

Nope, I'm re-upping. Angel Mason reporting for duty. Sign me up for another deployment and hook me up with my next Hero!!! I've already started my next care package! :)

In all seriousness, Allen and Jeff, Congratulations and Welcome Home. Thank you for your brave selflessness and dedication to this great nation. America won't forget you, because I won't let them!!! I'm so very proud of you. You've touched a place in my heart that will always be. Feel free to stay in touch and visit the blog from time to time just to say "hey". Love you guys!

America, we have almost 6,000 Angels nationwide. Let's get the word out. Here's a thought.. 1:1 Angel:Hero ratio.

Adopt a Hero... visit www.soldiersangels.org today. Now! That's an order!

No comments: