I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America

And to the Republic for which it stands One nation, under God, Indivisible With Liberty and Justice for all.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

And My Hero is Stateside...

Phew! :) For full story... see my personal blog... suffice it to say, it's been a long journey.

And while I'm thrilled beyond words that he's home safe and sound, along with the rest of his group, we're both dealing with some of the after effects.

Happiness - He's out of harm's way.
Relief - He made it home safe, in one piece.
Guilt - He got to come home after a year.
Worry - For all the comrades with whom he parted ways.
Anxiety - So much to do in such little time before the day-to-day regularity can begin.
Adjustment - No air sirens, listening for the sound of choppers, waiting for the next wounded.

My heart goes out to all returning Heroes who are going through the same roller-coaster. I wish I had words of wisdom for ALL of us; I'm learning with him.

For those wounded, thank you so much for your service and may God see you through your difficult recovery.

For those who gave all, words will never be enough. My eternal gratitude is all I offer.

My prayers go out to all those still in harm's way. Stay Strong -- Be Brave!!! I'll still be doing the Angel thing, and Jeffery is looking forward to helping support the other Heroes with me. If you'd like to help, see www.soldiersangels.org and sign up... adopt a Hero, send letters, make Blankets of Hope, donate Backpacks for the Wounded... there's something for everyone to help with!

And Jeff, hon, I thank God you made it back safely and look very forward to being with you soon! Always your Angel...

No comments: